Derek, Easton and I went to the Portland Rose Festival and there was a huge carnival. We were lucky we went on a Tuesday because it was free to get in and so not crowded. We enjoyed getting royally ripped off paying ~$4.00 a ride for Easton and hope someday he appreciates how lucky and spoiled he is to be the only child right now. I think we spent more on him at the carnival than we did last Christmas. We had just received our Government Stimulus check and we were feeling generous...;) As I watched him ride the rides I was happy for him on one hand that he got undivided attention, and also left feeling a little sorry for him that there was nobody sitting in the back of his boat...
This was taken at a fun day at the "Ranger Park". It is located in a new development in our area. It is secluded and there is a Fort in the middle of a "forest". We had a great peanut picnic with our friends and I just loved this picture. I have been taking thousands of pictures trying to perfect my "faux" tography skills.
This is Easton with his little buddy Miles at the beach a couple weeks ago. Two boys running on the wide open surf and sand is pure happiness. And blue sky is a rare occasion... it's is nice to see that it still exists behind the clouds from time to time...
When Dereks parents visited we went to OMSI and Easton was brave enough to get static hair from this ball thingy. It might have a more scientific name that "ball thingy", but I can't be sure. When I was in 3rd grade my class was on the news for "weather school" and we talked about electricity and I remember my friend Sheila had long red hair and she she got to demonstrate this on TV and I was so jealous. talk about a flashback!
This is the picture that was taken for our ward bulletin. I think it really expresses our family. They also took a smiling one, but I hope they use this one.
I have no real reason to post this other than the fact that I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I want it. Someday Derek and I will build this bed together and sleep in this room in marital bliss.
I hosted a baby shower and thanks to Megan I was able to whip up this dandy diaper cake. You are my inspiration Megan! I miss you to DEATH!!! In about 6 weeks I will be on the beach with you in Peurto Rico, and I can't wait.
Easton also got to jump on the bungee tramp at the Rose festival. He was a total ham when I told him he looked like Spider Man. He was going SO HIGH and I was wishing I brought my NEW camera because the Columbia River was in the background and it looked so awesome... I didn't want my new camera to get stolen on the MAX train so I had to settle for my small one... I am now a complete camera snob. He wasn't scared a bit. He is a total stud.
We are slowly burning through our bubble supply. Thanks to Grammy we now have some variety and I don't care who you are or how old you get... bubbles are fun. I mean- honestly, I tell Easton that we are going outside to blow bubbles and I wind up stealing the wand and taking over. Good thing he likes to pop them just as well... that's the update. loving summer. happy in life. love to all.
13 comments:
You have been one busy little family. Sheesh! Eaton is a total stud muffin, love all those cute pictures. Someday he'll have to share the spotlight. That is the cutest diaper cake I have ever seen! See you so sista! We're so excited to see you but I'm missing Derek too, so give him a hug from me. :)
What a fun post. I think your photography skills are awesome, there are some seriously cute photos. You are just such a fun family! I can relate to the only child bliss/sadness. It's lucky for them in so many ways, but a little sad too. I'm sure it will change one day for you. Kaleb always reminds me how much he wishes he wasn't an only child and I always remind him how much more he's spoiled being the only one. As for the diaper cake, I think you need to post directions how you made such an adorable creation.
Kimberly
I love all the pictures. You guys are definitely having a great time! That trampoline thing looks like so much fun! I want one!
Those are some awesome pictures, you are really getting to be a very talented photographer--I'm so jealous. I take a hundred pictures so I can get one or two decent ones. Easton is so darling--what a happy life he has. Thanks for sharing, I was feeling a little Easton deprived.
My favorite picture of those was the bubble picture. Nice work! Sounds like you are having fun.
Kristy
You are getting quite good at your "faux" tography skills. Sounds like you guys have been having a blast.
Sounds like so much fun in such little time!! Your family is so cute...glad you're doing good.
love the bed too, love the family pic. love the pics of easton. how cute!
Only 4 weeks now! YES!!!!!!!!!!! I'm already making a list of what we shall do and explore. LOVE LOVE LOVE the diaper cake. Fantastic choice of ribbon! SO you! Um and how dare you enjoy the ranger park without us. Just had to rub it in, I know, I know, we already discussed this. Love you so much!
Megan
Only 4 weeks now! YES!!!!!!!!!!! I'm already making a list of what we shall do and explore. LOVE LOVE LOVE the diaper cake. Fantastic choice of ribbon! SO you! Um and how dare you enjoy the ranger park without us. Just had to rub it in, I know, I know, we already discussed this. Love you so much!
Megan
Wow - you guys have been busy! What a fun summer. It's great that you guys get out and enjoy all of the fun things to do with living in a different state. I look at all of the cool things to do in Utah that we have never done that we need to get out and do! I love your pictures with your new camera.
really great pictures. REALLY GREAT! Give me some tips.
Post a Comment